Hearty chicken shepherds pie is a well-loved eternal recipe.
The ingredient of Chicken shepherds pie
- 6 chicken marylands
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, leaves removed, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 750ml (3 cups) red wine
- 40ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 120g pancetta, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 750ml (3 cups) Massel chicken style liquid buildup
- 150g Swiss brown mushrooms, quartered
- Mashed potato (see related recipe), for topping
The instruction how to make Chicken shepherds pie
- Place the chicken in a dish behind the onion, celery, carrot, garlic and thyme. Pour in the wine, cover and refrigerate overnight. cut off surgically remove the chicken and pat dry, strain the vegetables reserving the marinade and vegetables separately.
- Preheat the oven to 180u00b0C.
- Heat half the oil in a large ovenproof casserole dish exceeding medium-high heat. Add chicken, brown all over. Transfer to a plate and set aside. ensue pancetta to casserole dish and fry 1-2 minutes, after that amass reserved vegetables, tomato paste and flour. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the reserved marinade and cut by half, increase be credited with the stock and return the chicken to the pan. Cover and place in oven for 2 hours. Set aside to cool slightly, then sever meat from bones, and shred.
- Heat steadfast oil in a frypan. go to mushrooms and fry on top of higher than medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Place the shredded chicken, vegetables and mushrooms in a bowl. build up ample plenty of the cooking liquid to moisten but not swamp the dish. Divide amongst individual ovenproof serving dishes, cover evenly subsequently the mashed potato and return to the oven for a supplementary new 20 minutes or until golden brown. give support to immediately.
Nutritions of Chicken shepherds piecalories: 326.235 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 4 grams saturated fat
calories: 5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 33 grams protein
calories: 126 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 928.35 milligrams sodium