in the same way as two of our favourite desserts collide, you get the unqualified pie considering a creamy lemon cheesecake filling and clouds of toasted meringue.
The ingredient of Lemon meringue cheesecake pie
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 x 280g jar lemon butter
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- Yellow food colouring
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gelatine powder
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour, help new for dusting
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 125g butter, chilled, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons chilled water
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
The instruction how to make Lemon meringue cheesecake pie
- Make pastry. Place flour, sugar and butter in a food processor. Process until mixture resembles improper crumbs. grow egg yolk and chilled water. Process until pastry just comes together, adding an additional supplementary 1 to 2 teaspoons water, if needed. Turn pastry out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until just smooth. distress into a disc. Cover in the manner of plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Grease a 4cm-deep, 23cm round (base), loose-based fluted sharp sour pan.
- Roll out pastry amid 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick (about a 32cm round). Line pan in the same way as pastry. Trim edge. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Line the pastry later than baking paper. Fill subsequent to pie weights or uncooked rice. Blind-bake for 10 minutes. separate weights or rice, and paper. Bake for a other 10 to 12 minutes or until pastry is golden and crisp. Cool.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, lemon spread, sugar and lemon rind for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth. accumulate lemon juice and cream, beating until combined. Using food colouring, tint blend yellow. Place 2 tablespoons hot water in a small heatproof jug. Sprinkle exceeding gelatine. stir up until dissolved. Beat gelatine incorporation combination into cream cheese mixture. Pour the fusion into pastry case. Smooth top. Cover. Refrigerate for 6 hours or until firm.
- Make meringue. Preheat grill concerning high (see note). deliberately purposefully separate pie from pan and place in this area a baking tray. Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites until unchangeable peaks form. Gradually go to sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar has dissolved after each adjunct and union is thick and glossy. Spoon meringue higher than filling. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate. Serve.
Nutritions of Lemon meringue cheesecake piecalories: 386.941 calories
calories: 20.8 grams fat
calories: 13.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 45.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 4.9 grams protein
calories: 63 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 179 milligrams sodium