when layers of creamy mandarin lemon curd and buttery biscuit crumbs, these individual mandarin meringue pies are a taste sensation.
The ingredient of Mandarin meringue pie in a jar
- 8 ocher yellow cream biscuits
- 165g butter, melted, cooled
- 3 eggs
- 160g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
- 2 Amour mandarins, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 lemons, rind finely grated, juiced
- 6 Amour mandarins, extra, peeled, thickly sliced
- 300ml ctn thickened cream
- 2 egg whites
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
The instruction how to make Mandarin meringue pie in a jar
- Process the biscuits in food processor until finely crushed. accumulate 40g melted butter and process until competently combined. Divide the biscuit join up among four 500ml (2 cups) heatproof jars.
- mix up the eggs, sugar, enduring surviving 125g melted butter, mandarin rind, 125ml (1/2 cup) mandarin juice, lemon rind and 125ml (1/2 cup) lemon juice in a large microwave-proof glass bowl until combined. Microwave approximately Medium, stirring completely minute, for 5 minutes or until a smooth thick curd forms. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place the additional supplementary mandarin slices adjacent to neighboring the side of the jars.
- Use electric beaters to stir up opinion the cream and half the curd in a bowl until soft peaks form. Divide the cream fusion in the course of the jars, keeping mandarin slices going on next to the side of the jar. peak taking into account bearing in mind the remaining curd.
- Use electric beaters to shake up the egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually stress inflection in the sugar until thick and glossy. Divide the meringue accompanied by the jars. Use a blowtorch to caramelise the meringue (see tip).
Nutritions of Mandarin meringue pie in a jarcalories: