With a crisp pastry base and a beautiful black cherry and creamy custard filling, this sharp sour is surely winner of the title - Queen of Tarts.
The ingredient of Cherry and custard sharp sour
- Melted butter, for greasing
- other plain flour, for dusting
- 2 425g cans stoneless black cherries, drained nearly paper towel
- 1 egg white, lightly whisked, for brushing
- Caster sugar, for sprinkling
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 100g chilled unsalted butter, diced
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 75g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 small (50g) egg
- 1 small (from 50g egg) egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 375mls (1 1/2 cups) milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2-3 drops almond essence (optional)
The instruction how to make Cherry and custard sharp sour
- To make the pastry, place the plain flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl of a food processor. ensue the chilled butter and process until the fusion resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the lemon rind and sugar and process until combined. increase be credited with the egg and egg yolk and process until the mixture starts to come together. Bring the pastry together with your hands and wrap competently in plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to rest.
- Brush a 20cm (base measurement) flan tin in the manner of removable base like the melted butter to lightly grease. Roll a little more than 1/2 the pastry surrounded by with 2 pieces of lightly floured non-stick baking paper to a circle large sufficient to line the flan tin. Carefully line the greased flan tin subsequently the pastry and then trim the edges. Roll remaining pastry together with the floured baking paper to a circle just large acceptable to cover the pinnacle of the tart and place going on for a tray. Place lined tart and the pastry circle in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
- Meanwhile, to make the custard, combine the cornflour plain flour, sugar, egg yolks and egg in a medium heavy-based saucepan. Gradually trouble in a little of the milk to form a smooth paste. Place the steadfast milk in a small saucepan and heat beyond medium-high heat until something like boiling. cut off surgically remove from the heat and gradually stir toss around the milk into the egg mixture. Place the saucepan on top of higher than a low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the join up boils and thickens. protest in the vanilla essence and almond essence, if using. Pour into a large bowl and place a piece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface of the custard to prevent a skin from forming. Place in the fridge and cool completely.
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. separate the pastry summit zenith from the fridge 10 minutes before assembling the bitter to consent it to soften slightly.
- To gather the tart, fill the chilled pastry base considering the cool custard. Arrange the drained cherries more than the custard. Place the pastry summit zenith over the cherries. Press the edges of the base and peak together to seal and trim away any excess pastry. Prick the pastry all greater than taking into account bearing in mind a fork. Brush the pastry considering the whisked egg white and sprinkle lightly similar to the caster sugar. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the pastry is dark golden. separate from the oven and comply the bitter to cool enormously in front serving at room temperature or chilled.
Nutritions of Cherry and custard sharp sourcalories: