Created in late-1800s Russia, this festive fish pie is unchanging everlasting comfort food.
The ingredient of Kulebyaka
- 100g (1/2 cup) white long-grain rice
- 60ml (1/4 cup) pouring cream
- 40g butter
- 1 leek, weak section only, thinly sliced
- 300g Swiss brown mushrooms, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped well-ventilated light continental parsley
- 400g skinless salmon fillets (see budget tip)
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 lemon, thickly sliced
- 2 boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped lively dill
- arena white pepper
- Melted butter, to grease
- 1 x 375g pkt frozen publicize pastry block (see note), thawed
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Sea salt flakes
The instruction how to make Kulebyaka
- Cook the rice following packet directions. Transfer to a medium bowl. excite in the cream.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large frying pan exceeding medium heat. build up the leek and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. layer heat to high. mount up the mushroom and cook, stirring occasionally, for 12 minutes or until mushroom is soft and any excess liquid has evaporated. disconcert whisk in the parsley. Season behind salt and pepper. ensue to the rice union and toss around to combine.
- go to the salmon, bay leaves and lemon to a clean frying pan. Cover like chilly frosty water. Place on top of higher than medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily considering tested afterward a fork.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the salmon to a plate lined following paper towel. Pat dry. Discard bay leaves and lemon. Transfer to a bowl. Gently flake. campaign in the boiled egg and dill. Season past salt and white pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place an oven shelf in the lowest position. Brush a large baking tray in the manner of melted butter to lightly grease. Line following non-stick baking paper. Roll out the pastry to a 36cm square. Cut a 16 x 36cm rectangle from the square. Transfer to the prepared tray.
- build up half the rice merger greater than the pastry, leaving behind rejection a 2cm border. Place the salmon mix in this area top of the rice. height next the enduring surviving rice mixture. Lightly brush the border later half the whisked egg. culmination like the steadfast pastry. Use a fork to press the edges to seal. Brush similar to the steadfast whisked egg. Use a coarse knife to cut a few slits, evenly spaced, in the summit zenith of the pastry. Sprinkle later than sea salt.
- Bake just about the lowest shelf of oven for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden and a metal skewer inserted into the centre comes out hot. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Cut into thick slices to serve.
Nutritions of Kulebyakacalories: 493.535 calories
calories: 24 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 46 grams carbohydrates
calories: 24 grams protein