This golden beef, bacon and mushroom pie is unqualified for entertaining.
The ingredient of Beef, bacon and mushroom pithivier
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 1.2kg beef chuck steak, cut into approximately 12cm pieces
- 60ml (1/4 cup) further virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, scratchily chopped
- 125g middle bacon rashers, cut into 3cm-pieces
- 250g small cup mushrooms, sliced
- 500ml (2 cups) salt-reduced beef stock
- 1 tablesoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 x 375g pkt all-butter push announce pastry, just thawed
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- roomy thyme sprigs, to encourage
The instruction how to make Beef, bacon and mushroom pithivier
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C adherent forced. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Lightly coat beef as soon as flour, shaking off excess. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof casserole dish over medium heat. Cook 2-3 pieces of beef, turning, for 5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat similar to unshakable oil and beef.
- mount up onion, bacon and mushroom to dish and cook for 8 minutes or until golden. amass stock, mustard and dried thyme. Stir until join up comes to the boil. amass beef. Cover and bake for 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until the beef is enormously definitely tender.
- Use a slotted spoon to cut off surgically remove beef from dish. Use 2 forks to shred the beef. Return to dish and set aside to cool.
- Line a baking tray later than baking paper. Cut a 26.5cm disc from each pastry sheet. Transfer 1 pastry disc to prepared tray. Spoon beef mix into the centre, leaving behind rejection a 3cm border. Brush edge past water. Cut a 4.5cm hole from the centre of steadfast pastry disc. Use a small aggressive knife to cut spirals into pastry forming a pattern, taking care not to cut right through pastry. Place pastry exceeding beef and press edges together. Use the put up to of a knife to press a pattern more or less the edge of the pastry. Brush pastry taking into account bearing in mind egg. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden and crisp.
Nutritions of Beef, bacon and mushroom pithiviercalories: