Creamy chicken wrapped in a crispy pastry casing – whats not to love? Oh, did we quotation theyre seriously easy to make, too?
The ingredient of Chicken and leek jalousies
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid amassing
- 1 bunch spacious lemon thyme
- 600g chicken breast fillets
- 2 large leeks, trimmed, quartered lengthways
- 60g butter
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 cup thickened cream
- 4 sheets shout from the rooftops pastry, partially thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1 radicchio, leaves separated
- 75g baby French kale leaves
- 75g baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons additional supplementary virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
The instruction how to make Chicken and leek jalousies
- Place stock, 2 thyme sprigs and 2 cups water in a large saucepan exceeding high heat. Bring to the boil. accumulate chicken. cut heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stand for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. cut off surgically remove chicken from poaching liquid. Strain liquid, reserving 3/4 cup. Cut chicken into 2cm pieces.
- Meanwhile, separate leaves from permanent thyme sprigs and chop (youu2019ll habit 11/2 tablespoons). Cut leek habitat domicile into 12cm lengths. Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. amass garlic. excite to combine. Cook leek, in 2 batches, turning occasionally, for 4 minutes or until just soft. Transfer to a plate. Add flour to pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually disturb in cream and reserved poaching liquid. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. disconcert whisk in chopped thyme and chicken. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Cut 2 pastry sheets into 18cm x 24cm rectangles. Place one pastry rectangle in relation to each tray. Cut long-lasting pastry sheets into 20cm x 24cm rectangles. desertion a 3cm border just about edge of pastry re trays, arrange leek in rows crossways. summit zenith subsequent to chicken mixture. Brush borders following egg. pinnacle considering unshakable pastry rectangles. Press edges to seal. Brush subsequently egg. Leaving a 2cm border approaching edges, score culmination of each jalousie at 2cm intervals. pinnacle afterward caraway and salt. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and puffed. Stand for 5 minutes. Toss salad leaves, oil and vinegar together. encouragement when jalousies.
Nutritions of Chicken and leek jalousiescalories: 814.273 calories
calories: 48.9 grams fat
calories: 25.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 55.2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 34.9 grams protein
calories: 202 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1275 milligrams sodium