Fresh apples with rich butterscotch sauce is a heavenly match in this winter pudding dessert.
The ingredient of Apple and butterscotch sponge pudding
- 60g butter, chopped
- 5 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pure cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 20g butter, melted
- Double cream, to serve
- Icing sugar, to serve
The instruction how to make Apple and butterscotch sponge pudding
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0/160u00b0C fan-forced. Melt butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add half the apple to pan. Cook, turning occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until apple is caramelised and tender. Transfer to a greased 3cm-deep, 16.5cm x 24cm (base) baking pan. Repeat with remaining apple.
- Add brown sugar and cream to pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar has dissolved and mixture has thickened slightly. Remove from heat. Pour over apple.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl on high speed for 8 to 10 minutes or until thick and creamy. Using a large metal spoon, fold in sifted flours (see tip). Fold in boiling water and melted butter. Pour over apple mixture. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in sponge comes out clean (cover loosely with foil if over-browning). Dust with icing sugar. Serve with cream.
Nutritions of Apple and butterscotch sponge puddingcalories: 364.236 calories
calories: 18 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 45 grams carbohydrates
calories: 33 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 117 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 170.56 milligrams sodium