Deck the halls for this modern, Christmas day dessert with no trimming spared!
The ingredient of Summer pudding trifle
- 175g unfilled sponge cake slab
- 1/2 cup strawberry, blueberry and cranberry jam
- 1 cup thickened cream, whipped
- Fresh raspberries, to serve
- Blueberries, to serve
- Strawberries, halved, to serve
- Cherries, to serve
- 1/3 cup custard powder
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons orange-flavoured liqueur
- 700g packet frozen mixed berries
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
The instruction how to make Summer pudding trifle
- Make custard: Combine custard powder, sugar and 2 tablespoons milk in a saucepan. Stir until smooth. Stir in remaining milk. Heat over medium heat for 5 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in cream and liqueur. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make filling Place berries, sugar, vanilla and 1/4 cup cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves and berries are heated through. Strain over a bowl, reserving half the syrup (youll need 3/4 cup). Cool completely.
- Cut sponge in half horizontally. Spread jam over one cut side. Sandwich with sponge top. Cut sponge into 3cm pieces. Place one-third berry filling and half reserved syrup in the base of an 8 cupcapacity bowl. Top with sponge pieces. Spoon over remaining berry filling and reserved syrup. Top with custard and cream. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight, if time permits.
- Serve topped with raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and cherries.
Nutritions of Summer pudding triflecalories: 431.156 calories
calories: 18 grams fat
calories: 11 grams saturated fat
calories: 56 grams carbohydrates
calories: 50 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 79 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 112.23 milligrams sodium