Nothing says winter like traditional rice pudding served with perfectly poached rhubarb.
The ingredient of Vanilla rice pudding with poached rhubarb
- 4 cups gluten-free soy milk
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 strips lemon rind
- 1 (600g) bunch rhubarb, washed, trimmed, cut into 6cm lengths
The instruction how to make Vanilla rice pudding with poached rhubarb
- Combine milk, rice, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring every 5 minutes, for 25 minutes or until rice is tender and creamy.
- Meanwhile, make poached rhubarb: Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Place sugar, cinnamon, lemon rind and 1 cup cold water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Boil, without stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture has slightly thickened.
- Place rhubarb, in a single layer, in a large baking dish. Add sugar mixture. Cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Remove and discard cinnamon stick and lemon rind.
- Divide rice mixture between bowls. Top with poached rhubarb. Serve.
Nutritions of Vanilla rice pudding with poached rhubarbcalories: 422.791 calories
calories: 5 grams fat
calories: 1 grams saturated fat
calories: 83 grams carbohydrates
calories: 48 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 154.37 milligrams sodium