The ingredient of Golden syrup and almond puddings
- Melted butter, to grease
- 300g (2 cups) self-raising flour
- 100g (1 cup) almond meal
- 165g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 125g butter, cubed, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 500g (1 1/4 cups) golden syrup
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) buttermilk
The instruction how to make Golden syrup and almond puddings
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Place a 250ml (1-cup) ramekin upside-down on a sheet of foil and cut out 12 discs about 5cm wider than top of ramekin. Make a wide pleat in centre of each circle (to make room for pudding to rise). Brush twelve 250ml (1-cup) ovenproof ramekins with melted butter.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the almond meal and set aside.
- Use an electric beater to beat the sugar, butter and vanilla essence in a large bowl, using a spatula to scrape down the side of the bowl often, until pale and creamy. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until well combined. Add 80ml (1/3 cup) of the golden syrup and beat until combined. (The mixture will appear curdled at this stage, but dont worry.)
- Use a balloon whisk to gently fold half the flour mixture into the butter mixture, then fold in half the buttermilk until combined. Repeat with remaining flour mixture and buttermilk until just combined.
- Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoons of the remaining golden syrup into each prepared ramekin and gently swirl to evenly coat the base. Divide the pudding mixture among the ramekins and smooth the surfaces. Cover each ramekin with a foil disc. Tie white unwaxed string under the rim of each ramekin to secure.
- Place the ramekins in a large roasting pan or ovenproof dish. Add enough boiling water to the pan or dish to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Cook in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centres of the puddings comes out clean.
- To serve, run a flat-bladed knife around inside of each ramekin to loosen the puddings and carefully turn onto serving plates. Serve with creme anglaise (see related recipe).
Nutritions of Golden syrup and almond puddingscalories: 435.697 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 7 grams saturated fat
calories: 65 grams carbohydrates
calories: 47 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 81 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 330.19 milligrams sodium