Impress with this easy to serve version of a classic Christmas pudding.
The ingredient of Plum pudding ice-cream terrine
- 500g Christmas pudding
- 2 litres good-quality vanilla ice cream, softened
- 250g pitted prunes
- 1 cup cold tea
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup dry Marsala (see note)
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
The instruction how to make Plum pudding ice-cream terrine
- Line a 1.75-litre loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving enough overhanging to cover the top. Roughly chop the pudding and fold into the ice cream. Spoon ice cream mixture into the pan and press down well.
- Cover with overhanging plastic wrap and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile, soak the prunes in the tea for 4 hours.
- Combine the sugar, Marsala, lemon zest and juice in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Add the prunes and simmer for 5 minutes, then remove the prunes with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Simmer the liquid for a further 5-6 minutes until slightly reduced and syrupy.
- Return the prunes to the pan, allow syrup to cool, then chill until you are ready to serve the ice cream.
- To serve: Invert the terrine on to a platter and spoon over the prunes and sauce.
Nutritions of Plum pudding ice-cream terrinecalories: 871.633 calories
calories: 31 grams fat
calories: 18 grams saturated fat
calories: 123 grams carbohydrates
calories: 102 grams sugar
calories: 13 grams protein
calories: 90 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 375.2 milligrams sodium