Pair surprise Christmas puddings with super-gourmet sour cream ice-cream.
The ingredient of Boozy chocolate fondants with rum and raisin ice-cream
- 300g 70% cocoa dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 275g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 6 eggs
- 140g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
- 75g (1/2 cup) plain flour, sifted
- 85g (1/2 cup) natural almonds, toasted
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar, extra
- 80ml (1/3 cup) water
- Cocoa powder, to dust
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) milk
- 155g (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 170g (1 cup) raisins
- 80ml (1/3 cup) dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar, extra
- 600g sour cream
The instruction how to make Boozy chocolate fondants with rum and raisin ice-cream
- To make the rum & raisin ice-cream, stir milk, sugar and vanilla bean paste in a saucepan over medium-low heat for 2-3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Transfer to a bowl. Set aside for 30 minutes to cool.
- Meanwhile, stir the raisins, rum, cinnamon, nutmeg and extra sugar in a saucepan over medium-low heat for 1-2 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Set aside to cool completely.
- Add half the sour cream to the milk mixture and whisk to combine. Whisk in remaining sour cream until smooth. Pour into a 22cm square cake pan. Cover the surface with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for 1 hour 30 minutes or until just firm around edges. Process in a food processor until smooth. Return to pan. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for 1 hour or until firm. Process until smooth. Fold in raisin mixture. Return to pan. Cover surface. Place in the freezer for 6 hours or until firm.
- Grease and line ten 160ml (2/3-cup) ramekins. Stir the chocolate, butter and rum in a saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes or until melted and smooth. Set aside for 20 minutes to cool.
- Use an electric beater to beat the eggs and sugar in a bowl for 8 minutes or until thick and pale. Fold in the chocolate mixture. Fold in the flour until just combined. Divide among the prepared ramekins. Place in the fridge for 2 hours or until firm.
- While the puddings are chilling, line a baking tray with baking paper. Spread over almonds. Stir extra sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat for 8-10 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to a simmer. Cook, without stirring, for 20-22 minutes or until dark golden. Pour over almonds. Set aside to set. Break into shards.
- Preheat oven to 200u00b0C. Bake the puddings on a tray for 12-14 minutes or until just set. Cool in the ramekins for 5 minutes. Carefully turn onto plates. Dust with cocoa powder. Serve with ice-cream and toffee shards.
Nutritions of Boozy chocolate fondants with rum and raisin ice-creamcalories: