Its a taste.com.au winter fave! Lime and lemon delicious is the perfect comfort food.
The ingredient of Lime and lemon delicious
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup (140g) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 2/3 cup (100g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 2 cups (500ml) milk
- Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Lime and lemon delicious
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Grease six 1-cup (250ml) capacity ovenproof dishes with butter. Place in a roasting pan.
- Use an electric mixer to whisk the egg yolks, sugar and combined rinds until thick and pale. Gently fold in the flour, then fold in the lemon and lime juice and milk until just combined.
- Whisk the eggwhites in a clean, dry bowl until soft peaks form. Add half the eggwhite to the flour mixture and gently fold to combine. Add the remaining eggwhite and fold until just combined. Spoon evenly among prepared dishes. Pour enough boiling water into roasting pan to come halfway up the side of dishes. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until cake top forms on surface. Remove from oven; set aside for 5 minutes. Serve immediately with ice-cream, if desired.
Nutritions of Lime and lemon deliciouscalories: 259.076 calories
calories: 6 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 42 grams carbohydrates
calories: 30 grams sugar
calories: 9 grams protein
calories: 120 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 187.31 milligrams sodium