Whip up this easy peppermint mousse to impress at your next dinner party.
The ingredient of Peppermint mousse
- 2 x 100g blocks Lindt Excellence mint intense chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup thickened cream
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- After dinner mints, to serve
The instruction how to make Peppermint mousse
- Place chocolate in a heatproof microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring with a metal spoon halfway through cooking, or until smooth. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream for 2 to 3 minutes until soft peaks form.
- Add egg yolks and half the cream to chocolate. Stir to combine. Fold in remaining cream. Wash and dry the beaters and bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat egg whites for 3 to 4 minutes until soft peaks form. Add sugar. Beat until glossy. Fold half the egg white mixture into chocolate until combined. Fold in remaining egg white mixture.
- Spoon mixture into 4 x 1/2 cup-capacity glasses. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours or until set. Serve topped with after dinner mints.
Nutritions of Peppermint moussecalories: 484.453 calories
calories: 32 grams fat
calories: 19 grams saturated fat
calories: 41 grams carbohydrates
calories: 36 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 153 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 82.68 milligrams sodium