A classic winter pudding that is budget- and family-friendly. For greater ease and to free up your oven for the main course, try cooking this dessert in the slow cooker. See Notes for instructions.
The ingredient of Lemon and coconut delicious
- 100g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon rind, finely grated
- 4 eggs, separated
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Lemon zest, to serve
The instruction how to make Lemon and coconut delicious
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm x 30cm (8-cup-capacity) ovenproof dish.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, rind and egg yolks for 5 minutes or until pale and creamy. Gradually add coconut milk, milk and juice. Beat until smooth and combined. Sift flour over butter mixture. Fold until just combined. Clean beaters.
- Using electric mixer and a clean bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into butter mixture. Pour mixture into prepared dish. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden and almost set. Dust with icing sugar and top with lemon zest. Serve.
Nutritions of Lemon and coconut deliciouscalories: 338.424 calories
calories: 21.7 grams fat
calories: 15.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 30.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5.9 grams protein
calories: 114 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 212 milligrams sodium