Sweetened with coconut and brown sugar, these elegant steamed custard puddings are the best way to end an Asian feast. Grab your spoon and dive into this delicate dessert topped with golden toasted coconut.
The ingredient of Steamed coconut custards
- 35g (1/2 cup) shredded coconut
- 250ml (1 cup) coconut cream
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 egg yolks
- 60g (1/3 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar
The instruction how to make Steamed coconut custards
- Place the coconut in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Combine the coconut cream and milk in a small saucepan over low heat. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Use a balloon whisk to whisk together the egg, egg yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl. Gradually add the coconut cream mixture, whisking until combined. Pour evenly among six 185ml (3/4-cup) capacity heatproof bowls.
- Cook the custards in a bamboo steamer over a wok one-third filled with simmering water (make sure the steamer doesnt touch the water) for 25-30 minutes or until custard is just set.
- Top the custards with toasted coconut to serve.
Nutritions of Steamed coconut custardscalories: 251.906 calories
calories: 18 grams fat
calories: 13 grams saturated fat
calories: 14 grams carbohydrates
calories: 14 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 189 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 80.48 milligrams sodium