This pudding is an update of a 1970s American dessert known as Better than Robert Redford. It includes chocolate in all its forms - white, dark, milk. Team with cream, and its a dream come true.
The ingredient of Better than Brad Pitt five-layer dessert
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture
- 300ml thickened cream
- 200g block dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 cups milk
- 100g packet vanilla instant pudding mix (see notes)
- 180g block white chocolate, chopped
- 300ml thickened cream, whipped, to serve
- Cocoa powder, to serve
The instruction how to make Better than Brad Pitt five-layer dessert
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 17cm x 25cm base (8-cup-capacity) baking dish. Using an electric mixer, beat butter for 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add flour and pecans. Beat on low speed until just combined. Press mixture over the base of prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are golden and top is just firm to touch. Cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add icing sugar. Beat until mixture is light and fluffy. Add cream. Beat for 1 minute or until mixture is well combined and starts to thicken. Pour mixture over prepared base in dish. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until just set.
- Meanwhile, place the dark chocolate and 1/2 the milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until chocolate is melted and mixture is combined. Remove from heat. Transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cold.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the pudding mix over the cold dark chocolate mixture. Using an electric mixer, beat for 1 minute. Carefully pour mixture over cheesecake layer in dish. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, place the white chocolate and remaining milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until chocolate is melted and mixture is combined. Remove from heat. Transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate while dark chocolate layer in dish is setting.
- Sprinkle remaining pudding mix over cold white chocolate mixture. Using an electric mixer, beat for 1 minute. Carefully spoon mixture over dark chocolate layer in dish. Refrigerate overnight.
- Top dessert with whipped cream (see notes). Dust with cocoa powder and sprinkle with extra pecans. Serve.
Nutritions of Better than Brad Pitt five-layer dessertcalories: 748.07 calories
calories: 55.1 grams fat
calories: 30.9 grams saturated fat
calories: 51.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9.8 grams protein
calories: 96 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 302 milligrams sodium