Sticky date pudding meets golden syrup dumplings in this winter dessert mash-up youll love for years to come.
The ingredient of Sticky date golden syrup dumplings recipe
- 200g fresh Medjool dates, pitted, coarsely chopped
- 200g (1 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 100g butter, chopped
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 125ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- Double cream, to serve
The instruction how to make Sticky date golden syrup dumplings recipe
- Place dates and 185ml (3/4 cup) water in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Transfer to a bowl and set aside for 10 minutes. Roughly mash with a fork.
- Combine the brown sugar, half the butter and 500ml (2 cups) water in a large saucepan or stock pot. Stir over a low heat until melted.
- Meanwhile, use your fingertips to rub the remaining butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the mixed spice.
- Combine milk and golden syrup in a jug. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add the milk mixture and the date mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Bring the sauce to the boil then use a large ice-cream scoop to carefully place spoonfuls of batter into sauce, making sure dumplings are in a single layer.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Divide dumplings and syrup among bowls and serve with cream.
Nutritions of Sticky date golden syrup dumplings recipecalories: