A stylish dessert of melt-in-your-mouth coconut pudding and spiced tropical fruit, this is the grand finale of your degustation evening.
The ingredient of Coconut panna cotta with papaya and pineapple in lemon grass syrup.
- 250ml (1 cup) pouring cream
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 80ml (1/3 cup) hot water
- 1 tablespoon gelatine powder
- 500ml (2 cups) coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1/2 small ripe pineapple, peeled, halved, cored, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red papaya, peeled, halved, deseeded, thinly sliced
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 1 stem lemon grass, cut into 10cm pieces, bruised
The instruction how to make Coconut panna cotta with papaya and pineapple in lemon grass syrup.
- Place the cream and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves and the mixture just comes to the boil.
- Place the hot water in a small heatproof bowl. Sprinkle with gelatine. Working quickly, place the bowl in a small saucepan half-filled with gently simmering water. Use a fork to whisk until the gelatine dissolves.
- Whisk the gelatine mixture into the cream mixture until well combined. Stir in the coconut cream. Strain through a fine sieve into a large jug. Divide among eight 250ml (1-cup) capacity serving glasses. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 4 hours or until set.
- Meanwhile, to make the papaya & pineapple in lemon grass syrup, place the pineapple and papaya in a heatproof bowl. Place the water, sugar and lemon grass in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a simmer and cook, without stirring, for 2 minutes or until the syrup thickens. Pour over the pineapple and papaya. Set aside to cool slightly. Cover and place in the fridge to chill.
- Place the coconut in a small frying pan over medium-low heat and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until toasted.
- Remove the lemon grass from the syrup mixture and discard. Place the glasses on serving plates. Sprinkle with the coconut. Serve with the papaya & pineapple in lemon grass syrup.
Nutritions of Coconut panna cotta with papaya and pineapple in lemon grass syrup.calories: 411.797 calories
calories: 24 grams fat
calories: 19 grams saturated fat
calories: 45 grams carbohydrates
calories: 45 grams sugar
calories: 3 grams protein
calories: 32 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 28.66 milligrams sodium