For a traditional end to your Christmas dinner, drizzle this warm brandy sauce over a baked pudding.
The ingredient of Brandy creme anglaise
- 1L (4 cups) milk
- 12 egg yolks
- 140g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 80ml (1/3 cup) brandy
The instruction how to make Brandy creme anglaise
- Place the milk in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring just to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Use a balloon whisk to whisk together egg yolks, sugar, cornflour and orange rind in a bowl until well combined. Gradually stir egg-yolk mixture into the warm milk. Place in a clean saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 5-7 minutes or until custard coats the back of the spoon. Stir in the brandy.
- Transfer to a heatproof jug and serve immediately with warm pudding.
Nutritions of Brandy creme anglaisecalories: 159.652 calories
calories: 6 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 18 grams carbohydrates
calories: 17 grams sugar
calories: 5 grams protein
calories: 127 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 37.53 milligrams sodium