You cant go wrong with this easy, refreshing lemon gelato.
The ingredient of Lemon gelato
- 8 lemons
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
The instruction how to make Lemon gelato
- Cut lemons in half lengthways. Using a small sharp knife, cut between fruit and pith (this makes it easier to remove pulp later). Juice lemons. Remove pulp from lemon shells. Set shells aside.
- Place 1 cup of lemon juice and 1/2 cup of sugar into a saucepan over mediumhigh heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until syrup comes to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until syrup has reduced by half. Pour into a bowl to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat eggs and remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a bowl for 4 minutes or until pale and thick. Stir in milk. Transfer to a saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat for 8 minutes or until custard thickens and coats the back of a metal spoon (dont allow mixture to come to the boil). Remove from heat.
- Stir lemon syrup into custard. Pour into a 4-cup capacity airtight container. Set aside to cool. Cover and freeze for 5 to 6 hours or until almost set.
- Transfer to a food processor. Process until smooth. Spoon into reserved lemon shells. Smooth tops. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Use a hot knife to cut shells in half. Serve.
Nutritions of Lemon gelatocalories: 209.364 calories
calories: 6 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 31 grams carbohydrates
calories: 31 grams sugar
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 144 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 73.75 milligrams sodium