The ingredient of Orange & cardamom creme caramels
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (310ml) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
The instruction how to make Orange & cardamom creme caramels
- Preheat oven to 160u00b0C. Line base of a large roasting pan with a tea towel. Place four 1/2 cup (125ml) ramekins or ovenproof dishes on the tea towel.
- Stir 3/4 cup (180g) of sugar and 1/4 cup (60ml) water in a saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase the heat and boil, without stirring, 5-8 minutes or until golden. Pour into ramekins and set aside.
- Meanwhile, stir milk and cardamom in a saucepan over medium heat until hot, but not boiling. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, egg yolk and the remaining sugar in a heatproof bowl. Stir in the milk and orange rind. Divide among the ramekins.
- Pour hot water into the roasting pan so it comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove ramekins and set aside for 2 hours. Place in fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
- To serve, run a small sharp knife around edge of each ramekin. Invert onto plates.
Nutritions of Orange & cardamom creme caramelscalories: 329.82 calories
calories: 6 grams fat
calories: 60 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams protein
calories: 70.33 milligrams sodium