This chocolate mousse is a little bit magic - put it on the dessert table and watch it disappear before your eyes.
The ingredient of Chocolate hazelnut mousse
- 50g (1/4 cup) hazelnuts
- 150g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs, at room temperature, separated
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thickened cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Cocoa powder, to serve
The instruction how to make Chocolate hazelnut mousse
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C. Place the hazelnuts on a baking tray and cook in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until aromatic. Rub the hazelnuts in a clean tea towel to remove skin. Cool and chop roughly.
- Place the chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl or top of a double saucepan. Place over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the bowl doesnt touch the water). Use a metal spoon to stir for 5 minutes or until the chocolate melts and is smooth.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and set aside for 3 minutes to cool slightly. Use the metal spoon to stir the egg yolks into the melted chocolate until well combined.
- Use electric beaters to beat the egg whites in a large, clean dry bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar, 1 teaspoon at a time, whisking well between each addition, until the sugar dissolves.
- Use a large metal spoon to fold a third of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, then fold in the remaining egg whites until evenly combined.
- Place cream and vanilla essence in a separate medium clean bowl. Use a balloon whisk to whisk until soft peaks form. Use a metal spoon to fold the cream mixture gently into chocolate mixture until evenly combined.
- Spoon half of the chocolate mixture into four 125ml (1/2-cup) glasses or serving dishes. Sprinkle the hazelnuts on top, then spoon the remaining chocolate mixture on top. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 3 hours or until chilled and firm.
- Dust lightly with the cocoa powder and serve.
Nutritions of Chocolate hazelnut moussecalories: 462.226 calories
calories: 33 grams fat
calories: 15 grams saturated fat
calories: 34 grams carbohydrates
calories: 30 grams sugar
calories: 8 grams protein
calories: 141 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 72.25 milligrams sodium