Give your Christmas pudding a double dose of flavour with this sweet and salty caramel brandy butter.
The ingredient of Salted caramel brandy butter
- 1/3 cup (75g) brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 350g Western Star Original Butter Salted, softened
- 3/4 cup (185ml) thickened cream
- 1- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt flakes, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brandy
The instruction how to make Salted caramel brandy butter
- Place the combined sugars, syrup and 100g of the butter in a small frying pan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth.
- Add the cream and salt and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until well combined. Taste and season with extra salt. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the remaining butter in a medium bowl until pale. With the mixer running, gradually add half the cream mixture in a thin, steady stream until well incorporated. Add the brandy and beat until well combined. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to set. Serve brandy butter and remaining caramel sauce with Christmas pudding or mince pies, if desired.
Nutritions of Salted caramel brandy buttercalories: