Pho is a customary Vietnamese soup, where thin strips of beef are ‘cooked’ in a hot, aromatic collection store in the serving bowl – this keeps the meat meltingly tender.
The ingredient of Vietnamese beef pho
- 1L (4 cups) beef stock
- 5cm piece of ginger, halved
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 star anise
- 2 cinnamon quills, lightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) fish sauce
- 350g flat rice noodles
- 350g beef fillet, thinly sliced
- 2 long red chillies, sliced
- 125g bean sprouts
- 1 handful basil leaves
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
The instruction how to make Vietnamese beef pho
- Place the hoard in a large saucepan in the manner of the ginger, onion, garlic, star anise, cinnamon, sugar, fish sauce and 1L (4 cups) water. Bring to the boil and simmer over medium-low heat for 20 minutes. Strain, discarding solids.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to the packet instructions and drain well.
- To serve, divide the noodles in the middle of in the midst of 4 bowls and pinnacle later than the sliced beef. Ladle on top of higher than the hot stock, later top later than the chilli, bean sprouts, basil, mint, coriander and spring onions.
Nutritions of Vietnamese beef phocalories: