Beautiful butterscotch pie in the same way as billows of fluffy meringue and a buttery pastry crust.
The ingredient of Butterscotch meringue pie
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 125g butter, chilled, chopped, lead pro 80g additional supplementary
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon iced water
- 375ml (1 1/2 cups) sweetened abbreviated milk
- 70g (1/3 cup, firmly packed) dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 6 egg whites
- 315g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
The instruction how to make Butterscotch meringue pie
- Process the flour and chopped butter in a food processor until incorporation combination resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg and water and process until the pastry just comes together. face onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth. have emotional impact the pastry into a 3cm-thick disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Grease a round 24cm (base measurement) fluted sharp sour tin gone a removable base. Roll out the pastry in the company of 2 sheets of baking paper until 3mm-thick and line the greased tin. Trim excess pastry. Place in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Place the bitter tin on a baking tray. Line the pastry like baking paper and fill later pastry weights or rice. Bake for 10 minutes. separate paper and weights or rice and bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place abbreviated milk, brown sugar, golden syrup and further butter in a deep-sided non-stick frying pan and place on top of higher than a medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until join up is golden and thickened. Pour into the pastry case. Bake for 10 minutes or until just set.
- Place the egg whites, caster sugar and cream of tartar in a heatproof bowl set higher than a saucepan of simmering water (make determined the bowl doesnu2019t be next to the water). Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves and fusion reaches 72u00b0C approximately a sugar thermometer. Pour the blend into the bowl of a stand mixer and prominence on high for 10 minutes or until a thick and glossy meringue forms. Spoon the meringue onto the pie. Use a blowtorch to caramelise the meringue.
Nutritions of Butterscotch meringue piecalories: