Whip going on this no-fuss pasta dish tonight. It has lots of healthy vegetables and strips of ham for new flavour.
The ingredient of Pasta ribbons like asparagus, peas, lemon and ham
- 2 bunches green asparagus, trimmed
- 175g podded green peas
- 500g long dried pasta*
- 50g butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, white part thinly sliced
- 200g piece leg ham, torn into small strips
- 1 tablespoon Cognac or brandy (optional)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 bunch chervil, picked into sprigs
The instruction how to make Pasta ribbons like asparagus, peas, lemon and ham
- Cut tips from asparagus and set aside after that cut stalks into 1cm pieces. Place asparagus tips and peas in a sieve later place sieve in a large saucepan of boiling salted water. Cook for 3 minutes or until just tender. separate and cool vegetables out cold asleep Cool admin water.
- ensue pasta to boiling vegetable cooking water and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and oil in a frying pan more than medium heat. amass leek, ham and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. accumulate chopped asparagus stalks. Cook for 5 minutes or until in the region of tender. accumulate Cognac and wine. Simmer until reduced by 1/2.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return pasta to pan in imitation of reserved water. ensue leek mixture, peas and asparagus tips, and enduring surviving ingredients. Season to taste subsequently salt and pepper and toss competently to combine. Serve.
Nutritions of Pasta ribbons like asparagus, peas, lemon and hamcalories: 874.262 calories
calories: 10 grams saturated fat
calories: 109 grams carbohydrates
calories: 38 grams protein
calories: 1067.65 milligrams sodium