This speedy vegetarian pasta is a winner for meat-free Mondays
The ingredient of Pumpkin, spinach and ricotta penne
- 350g penne rigate
- 350g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm wedges, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, halved, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/2 small lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup (120g) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 150g baby spinach, trimmed
The instruction how to make Pumpkin, spinach and ricotta penne
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions.
- Meanwhile, place pumpkin, in the manner of water clinging, in a single layer, all but a microwave-safe plate. Cover. Cook nearly HIGH (100%) for 4 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan higher than medium heat. grow onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. accumulate garlic, chilli, if using, and pumpkin. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain pasta and return to saucepan. build up pumpkin mixture, lemon juice, ricotta and spinach. Toss more than low heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach has just wilted. Season in imitation of salt and pepper and serve.
Nutritions of Pumpkin, spinach and ricotta pennecalories: 418.011 calories
calories: 8.6 grams fat
calories: 2.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 66.1 grams carbohydrates
calories: 15.6 grams protein
calories: 13 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 72 milligrams sodium